The Effect of Health System Reform Plan on Satisfaction of Family Physicians of South Khorasan Province
Shaarbafchizadeh Nasrin1, Shabankareh Khadijeh2, Khakdel Zahra3, Farabi Reza4,
Lashkari Reziyeh4, Ghasemi Mohammad3*
1. Assistant Professor, Health Management and Economics Research Center, Department of Health Services Management, School of Management and Medical Information, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
2. PhD Student in Medical Library and Information Sciences, Student Research Committee, School of Management and Medical Information, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
3. PhD Student in Health Services Management, Student Research Committee, School of Management and Medical Information, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
4. BSc in Public Health, Social Determinants of Health Research Center, Birjand University of Medical Sciences, Birjand, Iran
* Corresponding Author: Mohammad Ghasemi
Address: School of Management and Medical Information, Hezar jarib ave, Isfahan
Tel: 009837775190 Email: email@example.com
Background & Objectives: One of the important plans of the health system reform plan is the expansion of the family physician program. In fact, the most appropriate strategy for achieving health in rural areas, in a referral system framework, is to employ family physicians to take the responsibility of peoplechr('39')s health. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of health reform plan on physicianschr('39') satisfaction.
Methods: This cross-sectional descriptive-analytical study was performed on 130 family physicians in 91 centers covered by the program in South Khorasan province in 2018. Subjects were selected through census sampling. Data collection tool was a researcher-made questionnaire. Data were analyzed using Chi-square and ANOVA tests and through SPSS version 22.
Results: The overall satisfaction of family physicians was moderate. The highest rate of satisfaction was related to physicians’ performance and the lowest was with patientchr('39')s behavior. There was a statistically significant relationship between general satisfaction of family physicians and satisfaction with organizational environment, satisfaction with salary and benefits and satisfaction with implementation of health system reform plan.
Conclusion: Since family physicians’ satisfaction can lead to improved productivity and health indicators, attention should be paid to factors that improve physicians’ satisfaction such as proper and timely payment of their salary.
Keywords: Health System transformation Plan, Satisfaction, Family Physician, Comprehensive Rural Health Service Centers
Citation: Shaarbafchizadeh N, Shabankareh K, Khakdel Z, Farabi R, Lashkari R, Ghasemi M. The Effect of Health System Reform Plan on Satisfaction of Family Physicians of South Khorasan Province. Journal of Health Based Research 2019; 5(3): 247-60. [In Persian]