Survey of under 5 year's children injury and accident’s mortality causes in Kerman state-2013
Nekooee Moghadam Mahmood1, Amiresmaili MohamaReza2, Ghorbani Rahil3*, Shikhani Hossein4, Navabi Zahra5
1. Associate Professor, Health Services Management Research Center, Institute for Futures Studies in Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran.
2. Assistant Professor, Medical Informatics Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran.
3. Lecturer, Department of Health Services Management, Bam University of Medical Sciences, Bam, Iran.
4. B.Sc., Student, Department of Health Services Management, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran.
5. B.Sc., Deputy of Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran.
*Correspondence: Department of Health Services Management, Bam University of Medical Sciences, Bam, Iran.
Tel: 0341-2611937 Fax: 0341-3205221 Email: r.Ghorbani6790@gmail.com
Received: 1 Sept, 2014 Accepted: 1 Nov, 2014
Introduction: One of the most important improvement and health indexes is under 5-year children’s mortality. Recently under 5-year children decreased but it is still more than developing countries. This research aimed to study accidents and injuries of under 5-year children in province of Kerman.
Method: This was a descriptive analytical prospective study in2013. This project included 1303 under 5 years children who could refer to three training hospitals 'emergencies which data on accidents for a period of 1 year (2013) were collected from record accident and mortality of health military forms of Kerman Medical University (. The study was conducted in 1303 under 5-year children. Data were analyzed by spss19 software and using t-test, ANOVA, 2&chitests.
Results: Among 1303 under 5-year children were studied, 159 people died. 69% were girls and 31% were boys. The most accidents that occurred for them were injury, poisoning and falling. Accidents range were higher among girls and most of them occurred in 3-4 years old children. Age, Sex and season of death did not have correlation with kind of accident however there was a significant correlation between accidents occurred in under 5-year children and season of death.
Conclusion: Three main causes of accidents occurring were injury, poisoning and falling so we must choose proportional trainings with age group and accidents that happened for them, and in addition we should try more to train all society particularly parents that care children.
Key words: under 5-year children, accidents, Mortality, Emergency Department, Teaching hospital
Citation: Nekooee Moghadam M, Amiresmaili MR, Ghorbani R, Shikhani H, Navabi Z. Survey of under 5 year's children injury and accident’s mortality causes in Kerman state-2013. Journal of Health Based Research 2015 1(1):